Year 6 at Portland Place School provides the opportunity to learn in a happy, creative and supportive environment with individualised support and without the pressure of SATS or 11+ enabling a smooth transition into Year 7.
- small class size with close links to KS3
- encouraging individual interests and passions to support curriculum learning
- development of responsibility through role modelling, use of structured organisational tools and clear progression and integration with Year 7
- leadership opportunities as year group representatives for specialist areas
- At least one hour of PE per day timetabled
- individualised support plans for students with additional needs
- supportive environment underpinned by a ‘growth mindset’ philosophy
- regular communication with parents about student progress and class work
- excellent pastoral care of students in a warm and happy atmosphere
- regular exciting trips to venues such as museums, BT Tower, theatres and opportunities for residential trips abroad
- creative curriculum encouraging cross curricular, hands on, practical learning, such as through the annual Science Fair in which students design and showcase their own experiments
- access to fantastic subject specific facilities (e.g science laboratories, drama and art studios)
- opportunities to take part in Senior School events and performances (such as the annual school play)
- wealth of extra-curricular and afterschool activities in drama, music, languages, art, design technology and maths
- integrated Apple technology encourages digital learning across curriculum with each student being given their own i-pad.