How to Apply
Prior to applying please come and visit our school to meet the headmaster and learn more about the ethos of Portland Place School. This can be done on a formal tour or with a private tour. Details of these can be found on our open events page.
- The admissions process starts with submitting an application on our online portal.
- Your child will then be invited to attend a 20 minute interview with the headmaster.
- We ask that all applicants take a baseline assessment test to understand their current level and we will contact their existing school for a reference.
- A decision on the application will then be made and parents notified.
- Acceptance documentation and a deposit will be required to secure your child’s place. Your child will be invited to the school or for an induction day prior to starting.
If you have an enquiry please contact us using the form below or contact the registrar using the details below.
There may be occasional places available for in-year admission, please contact our registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 0207 307 8700 for further information.
Key Dates for Year 6 & 7 Applications
|Application Deadline |
(registration & scholarships)
|Friday 24 November 2023 (5pm)|
|Interviews||Interviews will commence November 2023|
|Baseline Assessments*||Saturday 20 January 2024|
|Application Outcome||Offer/No Offer letters posted mid-February 2024|
|Autumn Term 2024 Start Date||Monday 2 September 2024 (TBC)|
Year 6 entrants will be offered a taster day in the spring term during which they will complete an assessment in Mathematics and English.
Year 7 entrants to sit assessments in Mathematics and English.
Years 8 to 10 entrants to sit assessments in Mathematics, English and Science.
Click the link about to see a short film highlighting school life here at Portland Place School. We showcase some of our facilities, engaging teaching, nurturing environment and our relaxed ethos that places the individual student at the heart and makes Portland Place so special.