For the last two years, Portland Place School has secured a place in the top 10% of schools nationally for progress at A-Levels. Independent statistical evidence shows that we ‘add significant value,’ often 1 or 2 grades to those predicted by externally administered adaptive testing.
The majority of our students continually secure places at their chosen Universities including a good number into Russell Group Universities (e.g. King’s College London, Exeter, Southampton, Liverpool, York, Warwick) and others into highly regarded specialist arts and media courses.
These accomplishment are testament to our method of teaching, which is based on bespoke, individual attention in a nurturing environment, enabling our pupils to fulfil their potential.
Small class sizes (never more than 16) and a broad curriculum allows Portland Place School to play to each students’ strengths.
Core subjects are offered at A-Level, yet there is also a vast array of other humanities and art subjects on offer such as photography and media studies, more than offered at most independent schools.
In a world of competitive, exam-orientated schools, Portland Place School is a haven of creativity, providing progression and achievement.
What life as a sixth former at Portland Place is like:
- Over twenty subjects to choose from, including a wide range of creative arts, media and business. In addition, we offer a very successful programme of study for the Extended Project Qualification (EPQ).
- Strong support throughout by a dedicated Sixth Form team of staff. Our in-house UCAS advisor assists students with their University applications.
- A number of external speakers are invited to the school to support with study skills, career choices and university applications.
- Leadership opportunities are provided to Sixth Form students which could involve organising events, conducting parental tours or mentoring younger students. There are also a number of clubs for Sixth Form students to partake in.
- Individuals interested in Sport can compete in fixtures and competitions with other schools and have access to a local university gym.
- A support programme also operates to help Sixth Form students who are finding it difficult to maximise their learning.
Why choose Portland Place School
Portland Place School is a leading independent co-educational school for children aged 9-18, located directly in the heart of the City of Westminster.
Described by The Good Schools’ Guide as “A godsend for the discerning parent”, Portland Place School opened in the 90s to support the parents who didn’t want to put their child through the 11+ exams and preferred to focus on their education.
The ethos of Portland Place School has always been to develop each individual pupil’s potential through personalised learning. The class sizes are small to ensure every pupil can benefit from a bespoke learning experience. Independent statistical evidence shows that Portland Place School “adds significant value” often one to two grades to those originally predicated. Part of the value-added is the superb range of co-curricular opportunities available to pupils.
At Portland Place School, it is believed that warmth, care and happiness are essential ingredients of a successful education.
Enquire now for September 2018/2019 Places